Admission and Education
How do I obtain the Application Guideline or forms for the entrance exam of Osaka University?
Please contact the appropriate office to request application forms and brochures.
What should I do in order to enroll in graduate school?
You need to find a supervisor who will accept you. Unfortunately, we are unable to recommend a specific field or suitable supervisor for each student. Osaka University provides a "Researcher Directory" on our website. Please visit the Researcher Directory webpage.
Can you give me detailed information about a major in ... at the School/Graduate School/Faculty of...?
For detailed information concerning majors, please contact the appropriate undergraduate or graduate school. Click here to pursue this topic.
What classes are offered at Osaka University?
You can check the availability of classes by going here.
How long are classes, how often do they meet, and how many credits do you receive (per semester)?
Classes are 90-minutes and meet 15 times each semester. 2 credits are awarded per semester.
Are there classes conducted in English outside of exchange programs?
There are classes in English that exchange program students can take. Click here to learn more.
During what period are classes held?
- 1st Semester (spring): the beginning of April ~ mid-August (this includes makeup classes, if any, and a test period)
- 2nd Semester (autumn): the beginning of October ~ mid-February (this includes makeup classes, if any, and a test period)
When are explanatory sessions for freshmen held?
- Spring admissions: early April
- Autumn admissions: late September
What is Osaka University's grading system?
100 is perfect on a scale of 1 to 100.
- S: 90 ~ 100
- A: 80 ~ 89
- B: 70 ~ 79
- C: 60 ~ 69
- F (Fail): 0 ~ 59
I want to inform my home university of my academic performance. When will grades be available?
- Grades for the 1st Semester are available in September.
- Grades for the 2nd Semester are available in March.
Can I have a copy of my transcript sent to my home university?
Yes. Osaka University will send a copy of your transcript to the exchange student program division of your university.
- Academic performance for the 1st Semester (spring) will be sent in mid-September.
- Academic performance for the 2nd semester (autumn) will be sent in mid-March.
How does one get a copy of their graduation certificate?
If you need a copy of a certificate such as a graduation certificate, please contact the Educational Affairs Division of the school you were enrolled in. For more information, click here.