FrontierLab@OsakaU -- Outline
FrontierLab@OsakaU is a program for placing international students in laboratories of the following schools: Science, Engineering Science, Engineering, Information Science and Technology, or one of their departmental schools for a period of up to 12 months. Participants can also take international exchange subjects and Japanese language and other related subjects if they wish. This program was created for international students to conduct thematic studies and achieve results under the guidance of teachers while acquiring skills necessary for continuing research in one of Osaka University's internationally renowned science and technology laboratories.
Enrollment status of students at Osaka University
Special auditors: students take classes and can earn credits.
Required language ability
Applicants must submit a copy of one of the following documents to prove their language proficiency.
a) TOEFL iBT 80 / IELTS 6.0 or higher
b) Cambridge English with CEFR B2 level or higher
c) Official assessment report (on both receptive and productive skills) of home university’s language center
d) Official certificate/letter which proves English is the medium of instruction at student’s faculty
e) Japanese: JLPT N2
* Participants will be expected to make a presentation in English at the end of the term.
Duration of program
- From April to August (5 months)
- From April to February (11 months)
- From September to February (6 months). Orientation is conducted in September and classes commerce in October.
- From September to August (12 months). Classes commerce in October.