"Campus Members" -- Museums and Art Museums
Osaka University continually strives to provide opportunities for students, faculty, and staff to experience and be exposed to primary sources of culture, art, science, and history.
As a signatory to group contracts referred to as "Campus Members," Osaka University now provides students, faculty, and staff with what, in some ways, resembles extensions of its campuses. That is, by showing your student or faculty/staff ID card , students, faculty, and staff are able to gain admission at "no charge" [see #4 below)] to the museums and other facilities noted below. Moreover, you can return again and again!
The Kansai area is particularly rich with a wide variety of museums and gardens. Therefore, students in particular, please make use of these opportunities to expose yourself to valuable primary sources of culture, art, science, and history !
As of April 2018, "Campus Members" includes the following:
Please note :
- When passing through the Natural and Cultural Gardens at Expo '70 Commemorative Park (paid admission required) to access the Museum of Ethnology , showing your student or faculty/staff ID card will allow you to receive a ticket to pass through for free (this only applies to the ID card holder). This pass is not an entrance pass for the Natural and Cultural Gardens, so you may not make use of the Gardens using this pass.
- From April 1, 2018, OU faculty and staff members may now access the Nara National Museum free of charge by showing their faculty/staff ID card.
- On April 1, 2018, The Osaka Museum of Housing and Living was added to Campus Members.
- "No charge" only applies to museums' regular exhibitions . Admission for special exhibitions as well as joint exhibitions will be discounted -- it will not be free! Please check the respective home pages for additional information regarding special and joint exhibitions.
- The Asahi Beer Oyamazaki Villa Museum of Art is eligible for a 100 yen discount only .