Talk with the President #10 held
A Talk with the President, an opportunity to discuss key issues with students, was held in the President's Office on Monday, March 28, 2022.
The Student Life Committee has hosted this series of talks with the president, with the first and second talk sessions held during the 2019-20 academic year.
Following the suspension of these talks in the 2020-21 academic year, the talks have been on again since the 2021-22 academic year in small groups with measures in place to prevent COVID-19 infections.
Seven doctoral students in medicine, dentistry, pharmaceutical sciences, and biosciences delivered presentations on the topics noted below, having lively discussions with President Nishio on the subject of “Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).”
- High quality education for everyone
- Facilitating interaction among graduate students
- Creating communities in which people with cancer can live with peace of mind
- Biomarker research and outreach activity
- Towards achieving universal health coverage in oral health
- How to prevent women working in academia from unwanted retirement due to pregnancy and childbirth
- Gender equality in research fields
These talk sessions will continue through the end of April 2022.
Division in charge: Campus Life and Career Support Division, Department of Education and Student Affairs