A(H1N1) influenza announcement #14
Announcement #14 regarding the New Type of Influenza
All classes to resume
Osaka University hereby announces that the restrictions in announcement #9 have been lifted and that classes at Osaka University will resume as normal from Monday, May 25. However, in order to minimize the spread of the new influenza virus as much as possible, please observe the measures outlined below. Furthermore, please note that (as explained in announcement #13) extracurricular activities continue to be forbidden.
As you know, the new virus continues to spread widely. Therefore, we cannot rule out cancellation of certain classes or activities due to a situation involving persons infected with the virus. For that reason, please continue to pay close attention to Osaka University home pages and KOAN for the latest information.
(1) Precautions when commuting to or from the university :
- • Please verify that you are not running a fever before leaving your residence.
- • If you exhibit symptoms of this influenza (fever, coughing, sneezing, and/or diarrhea), please contact the Department of Safety and Hygiene at once and follow their instructions.
- • If you commute by bus and/or train, please wear a mask to reduce your chance of being infected.
- • If you cough, please observe coughing etiquette, and upon arriving at school, wash your hands and gargle.
(2) Precautions during class :
- • Influenza is primarily spread through air-borne droplets emitted by persons coughing or sneezing. Therefore, avoid positioning yourself closer than one meter from other persons in order to minimize the risk of spreading or contracting this infection.
- • During breaks between classes, wash your hands and gargle.
(3) General precautions :
- • Observe the precautions outlined in announcement #10 carefully in order to minimize the spread and your risk of infection.
• If you exhibit symptoms of this influenza (fever, coughing, sneezing, and/or diarrhea), please contact the
Department of Safety and Hygiene
at once and follow their instructions.
After-office hours phone number: 06-6879-7018
Please keep in mind that if you contract this new influenza, it is not merely your problem, but it is also a problem for those around you. Therefore, please exercise care and your responsibility as a member of the Osaka University community.
Osaka University President