The Global Technology Entrepreneurship and Commercialization (G-TEC) Program is now accepting applications for G-TEC2019! (Deadline: July 26)
2019.8.19 Mon - 2019.8.24 Sat
Started in 2011, the G-TEC Program has been well-received by private companies, individuals related to the university, and students alike.
We will be accepting applications for the 2019 G-TEC Program, the 9th class of students in this program.
Under the guidance of a former lecturer at a business school in the USA, why don’t you improve your ability to make proposals and negotiation skills for commercialization and innovation?
In this program, attendees will find promising applications for research results in stages of development at which potential use and marketability are unclear and draw up plans for commercialization of scientific technology currently being developed at OU and other research institutes.
Attendees can acquire 10 CE points for their RTTP certification application.
What is an RTTP (Registered Technology Transfer Professional)?
Benefits of Attending
This program is recommended for researchers, technicians, and technology transfer professionals who aim to commercialize their research results.
Attendees will acquire the following through this program.
Understanding Commercialization of Scientific Technology at Universities
• Through a series of lectures, attendees will get an understanding of the assessment process that leads ideas based on scientific technology to commercialization.
• Through case studies of technology transfer at universities, attendees will learn about key points to lead scientific technology to technological innovation.
Active Learning Space
• Through a series of exercises based on primary research, attendees will directly interview companies, experts, and potential customers from both Japan and overseas.
Experience in Team Projects
• Attendees will learn the effectiveness of teamwork by working with individuals from other fields on team projects, a work standard in Europe and the United States.
• Ashley Stevens , D.Phil.(Oxon), CLP, RTTP, former lecturer at business school in the U.S., former president of AUTM
(A portion of this event will be carried out by the Innovative Co-Creation Division, Office for Industry-University Co-Creation, Co-Creation Bureau, Osaka University.)
Dates and Attendance Fee
Monday, August 19 ~ Saturday, August 24 - 9:00~18:00 (8/24 only: 9:00~14:00)
• General public: 120,000 yen
• Discount fee: 100,000 yen*1
• Free for faculty members or students of Osaka University who are members of the Osaka University Innovators' Club *2
*1 Members of UNITT, individuals working at companies that have a Joint Research Chair, Research Alliance Laboratory, or Joint Work Unit
*2 Free for faculty members or students of Osaka University who are members of the Osaka University Innovators' Club
OU faculty members or students can register as a member of the Osaka University Innovators' Club from here .
Exchange Salon, 1F, Techno-Alliance Building, Suita Campus, Osaka University
Friday, July 26, 2019
How to Apply
Please apply from the link below:
Osaka University Innovators' Club
University Technology Transfer Association (UNITT), Japan
Innovation Education Section, Human Resource Development Division, Office for Industry-University Co-creation, Co-Creation Bureau (c/o Atsushi Muratsugu)
A409, 2-8 Yamadaoka (Techno Alliance Building), Suita, Osaka 565-0871 JAPAN
TEL: 06-6879-4136 / E-mail: gtec2019[at]uic.osaka-u.ac.jp
(Please change [at] to @ when contacting this address.)
Access information: https://www.uic.osaka-u.ac.jp/en/access/