Regarding the 2021 Osaka University Entrance Ceremony
2021.4.6 Tue 10:50 - 0:00
We will thoroughly take measures to prevent the spread of COVID-19 and hold the 2021 Osaka University Entrance Ceremony.
To adhere to the above-mentioned measures, participants will be limited to incoming students.
Any further changes made to the entrance ceremony due to COVID-19 will be posted on this webpage.
Please check it regularly for updated information.
To all attendees (posted April 1, 2021)
This entrance ceremony will be held with measures in place to prevent the spread of COVID-19.
We ask for your cooperation in carrying out these prevention measures. In addition, please refrain from partaking in high-risk activity, such as eating/drinking with friends, before and/or after the ceremony.
Date and time
Tuesday, April 6, 2021 - 10:50–11:50
In order to prevent the spread of COVID-19, attendees will be admitted to the venue in several separate groups. Admission times are specific to your school/graduate school, so we ask that you enter the venue during your assigned time slot.
・Admission times for each school/graduate school can be found here .
・The three times slots are: 9:00 ~9:30 / 9:30 ~10:00 / 10:00 ~10:30
・A seating map of the venue can can be found here .
・Seats for undergraduate student are located in the arena on B1F and in the 2F and 3F stands.
・Seats for graduate students are located in the 2F and 3F stands.
・We ask that you enter the venue through the entrance closest to your seat and sit as far forward as possible.
We ask all participants to provide the following 2 items at reception when entering the venue:
1) Notification of Acceptance or the document titled Regarding the 2021 Osaka University Entrance Ceremony
*Incoming undergraduate students should bring the Notification of Acceptance.
*Regarding the 2021 Osaka University Entrance Ceremony is a document that was distributed only to incoming graduate students and transfer students directly or by mail.
*Please note that a copy of this webpage will not grant you entrance to the ceremony.
2) A device on which COCOA is installed (you will need to show the app’s screen)
*Information on how to install COCOA can be found below.
Osaka–Jo Hall (3-1 Osakajo, Chuo-ku, Osaka)
For access information, please refer to the following page.
*Use public transportation to get to the venue. Refrain from coming by car. Parking is not available and drivers dropping others off in the vicinity of the venue are a cause of traffic jams.
*Attendees in wheelchairs or those who have injuries that cause difficulties in coming to Osaka-Jo Hall and wish to use the parking lot on the south side of the Hall should call the phone number at the bottom of this page by Wednesday, March 31, 2021 . (All others are not allowed to park at the venue.)
*Family and friends are not allowed to enter the ceremony venue. So as to prevent the venue’s surroundings from becoming crowded, refrain from meeting up with your family and friends or taking photos around the venue area.
We will offer livestreaming on a separate streaming website.
The website link will be listed on the document distributed to incoming students. Please be sure to share the link with family and friends who wish to view the event.
Since we are livestreaming the event, be aware that participants may appear on screen.
Preventing the Spread of COVID-19
Installing COVID-19 Contact-Confirming Application (COCOA)
We ask all participants to install COCOA, the Ministry of Health, Labour, and Welfare’s official contact-tracing app, before the entrance ceremony. Bring a device on which COCOA is installed and show the app’s screen at reception.
Be sure to check that the device can be installed on your phone*. Depending on the model/OS, you may not be able to install the app. If you don’t have a smartphone or you are using an older model, please let us know at reception.
*The app may only be installed on Japanese smartphones and downloaded in Japan. If you do not have a Japanese smartphone, please let us know at reception.
Google Play : https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=jp.go.mhlw.covid19radar
App Store : https://apps.apple.com/jp/app/id1516764458
Observe the following points on the day of the ceremony:
- Be sure to take your temperature in the morning and refrain from attending the ceremony if you feel sick or have a fever over 37.5℃.
- Temperature checks will also be conducted at the entrance of the venue.
- Your admission will be refused if you have a fever over 37.5℃ at that time.
- Anyone without a face mask will not be allowed to enter. Be sure to wear a face mask in the venue.
- Use the hand sanitizer at the entrance.
- Refrain from speaking loudly.
- Photography inside the venue is not allowed. However, participants may take pictures while seated during the ceremony.
You may not participate in the ceremony if any of the following apply to you.
- Those who have had close contact with a COVID-19 patient.
- Those who have visited countries/regions subject to immigration denial or countries/regions that require a self-isolation period after entry to Japan in the past two weeks.
- Those who have had close contact with a resident of the above countries/regions in the past two weeks.
General Affairs Section, General Affairs
Division, Department of General Affairs