Protection of Personal Information
May 23, 2007
Osaka University (hereinafter referred to as "the university") recognizes the importance of protecting personal information and will make efforts to properly manage it in accordance with the following principles:
1. Acquisition and retaining of personal information
- The university will not acquire personal information through false reasons or dishonest means.
- The university will retain personal information and specify its utilization purpose only when it is necessary for performing a job.
- The university will not retain personal information beyond the scope necessary for achieving the specified utilization purpose.
- In case the university changes the specified purpose, the university will not change utilization scope beyond that recognized as the utilization scope before such change.
2. Usage of collected personal information
The university will not use or provide personal information for other purposes than the utilization purpose without the consent of the individual unless otherwise required to do so by law.
3. Management of personal information
The university will implement measures necessary for the prevention of leaks, loss, or falsification of personal information and for its proper management.
4. Disclosure of personal information
If there is a request for disclosure, correction, or suspension of use of personal information, the university will promptly respond to such request as required by university regulations.
5. Disposal of personal information
The university will properly dispose of personal information that is no longer needed.
Contact the office below in order to request the publication, inspection, correction, or suspension of use of Osaka University personal information files or otherwise learn more about personal information held by the university:
|Information Disclosure Service||
*Please inform the receptionist on the 1st floor of the Administration Bureau when coming to the Personal Information Protection Desk.
Daily excluding Saturdays, Sundays, national holidays, Year-end and New Year Holidays (Dec. 29 ~ Jan. 3), and other days designated by Osaka University
**Requests are accepted both in person and via postal mail, but in order to prevent the spread of COVID-19, we ask that requests be made via postal mail whenever possible.
9:00 a.m. ~12:00 noon, 1:00 ~ 5:00 p.m.
*Scores of successful applicants for the latest entrance examinations are available during the specific period of time (May 7~May 31, 2021) via the website of the Online Application System. For more information, click here .
Your scores for the latest entrance examinations may be available at the school to which you applied. Please contact the Educational Affairs Division of your respective school.
*For requests for your medical records, please contact the reception desk at Osaka University Hospital or Osaka University Dental Hospital.
- Personal Information Disclosure System and its Procedures
- Procedures for Requesting Personal Information Disclosure
- -- These files include names, retention periods, expiry dates, how to handle document after retention and expiry, storage places of Osaka University documents.
Regulations for protection of personal information
- Criteria for Determining Publication, Correction, or Suspension of the Use of Personal Information held by Osaka University
Minutes of Personal Information Management Committee
- 1st meeting minutes (May 26, 2005)