Accommodations for short stays
This facility is for international or Japanese researchers at Osaka University --accompanied or unaccompanied by their family-- as well as university hospital patients and/or their family members who stay less than one month. Such persons can make reservations using this page. (International students and undergraduate students cannot use these facilities.)
Address: 7-12-17, Minami Kasugaoka, Ibaraki, Osaka
House Manager's Office
Kasugaoka House overview
*We ask that you please check-in between 3:00pm and 9:00pm in the Manager's Office .
We ask that you please check-in between 3:00pm and 9:00pm in the Manager's Office . If you are unable to check in during this time period due to flight times, etc., please contact the Manager's Office.
- Please check-out between 8:00 am and 10:00 am. Individuals checking out before 8:00 am must contact the Manager's Office in advance and leave their key in the key box located in front of the Manager's Office when they check out.
- Staff at the Kasugaoka House are English-capable.
- There is no parking available, so please utilize public transportation such as trains or buses when visiting these facilities.
- For security reasons, doors are equipped with an autolock (except guest room doors).
- Please note that this is a non-smoking facility. (Smoking space is located outside of the building.)
- Internet may be used free of charge.
- Towels are changed once a day and linens are changed once every 3 days.
- Laundry room is equipped with washing machine/dryer (2 units).
- The lounge has a toaster and microwave oven for your use at no extra charge.
- Indoor clothes drying poles, desk lamps, irons, and ironing boards are available for rent (please make your request to the House Manager's Office).
Details on the types of rooms available in Kasugaoka House
S-type: Single (12 sq. m.) ••• 21 units (Capacity: 1)
Furnishings -- Single bed (1m x 2.1m), bedding, air conditioning, refrigerator, hair dryer, hot water pot, desk, chair, mirror, outlet (with grounding terminal) free internet access, unit bath
*Shampoo, rinse, and body soap are not provided. Please bring your own toiletries with you
Regarding the room fee
Charge per night:
¥3,500 (tax included)
• Payment in full for the number of days you will stay should be made by a credit card at the time of check-in at the front desk.
-> House Manager's Office, 1F Lobby, Kasugaoka House (Cards accepted: VISA, MasterCard, China UnionPay)
• Those without a credit card are asked to pay via transfer to a designated university account. (Transfer fees must also be paid at the guest's expense.) For more information, please ask the manager at the office.
• If you cannot/do not pay, then the school or facility you are associated with will be expected to pay on your behalf.
• Those who want their fees to be covered by subsidies for operating expenses or grants-in-aid for research for Osaka University are requested to contact their host school or research institute.
• Under no circumstances are room fees refunded.
• You can apply in advance of your planned occupancy (beginning at 0:00 a.m.) from three months before the first day of your planned occupancy.
• To cancel, use the cancel button above. Please note that if you wish to cancel your reservation, you must do so by the day before.
• As per the cancellation policy, cancellations made on the day of your planned occupancy will incur a fee equivalent to the rental fee per night cancelled.
Changing your reservation
• If you must change your reservation, first please cancel the original reservation and then make a new reservation. Please be aware that you may not be able to make a reservation according to your original itinerary.
The maximum length of stay is 30 nights; however, in exceptional circumstances, an extension of up to 30 additional nights may be possible.
From Bampaku Kinen Koen Station: Take the train bound for Saito-nishi Station. Get off at Handai-byoin-mae Station . The Kasugaoka House is a 5-minute walk from the station.
From Hankyu Ibaraki-shi Station or JR Ibaraki Station : Take the Route 24 bus bound for Handai-Hombu-Mae or Mihogaoka, or the Route 25 bus bound for Handai-Hombu-Mae. Get off at the Handai-Igakubu-Byoin-Mae bus stop. The Kasugaoka House is a 5-minute walk from the bus stop.
From Senri-Chuo: Take the Route 164/171 bus bound for Handai-Hombu-Mae, or the Route 103/105 bus bound for Ibaraki-Mihogaoka. Get off at the Handai-Igakubu-Byoin-Mae bus stop. The Kasugaoka House is a 5-minute walk from the bus stop.
From Kita-Senri: Take the Route 72 bus bound for Senri Chuo. Get off at the Handai-Igakubu-Byoin-Mae bus stop. The Kasugaoka House is a 5-minute walk from the bus stop.