Accommodations for long stays
This facility is intended for Osaka University international researchers, collaborative researchers from other research institutions and their families, as well as university hospital patients and/or their family members on a weekly and/or monthly basis. (International students and undergraduate students are not allowed to use this facility.)
Housing Division-- inquiries for applications for long stays
Kasugaoka House -- inquiries for applications for short stays
Address: 7-12-17, Minami Kasugaoka, IbarakiHouse Manager's Office
Outline of the Kasugaoka House
- We ask that you please check-in between 3:00pm and 9:00pm in the Manager's Office. If you are unable to check in during this time period due to flight times, etc., please contact the Manager's Office. (Tel: 072-626-6628)
- Please check-out between 8:00 am and 10:00 am. Individuals checking out before 8:00 am must contact the Manager's Office in advance and leave their key in the key box located in front of the Manager's Office when they check out. Individuals staying in Accommodations for Long Stays (room types A, B, and C) must undergo a room check by the manager by the day before they check out.
- There is no parking available, so please utilize public transportation such as trains or buses when visiting these facilities.
- For security reasons, doors are equipped with an autolock (except guest room doors).
- This facility is completely non-smoking. (There are smoking areas outside of this building.)
- Internet access is available free of charge.
- If you rent on a weekly basis, you will be provided with bath towels, bath mats, and face towels, but they will not be changed. You are required to wash or replenish as needed.
- If you rent on a monthly basis, you will not be provided with bath towels, bath mats, and face towels. Please bring your own towels.
- Bathrooms are furnished with toilet paper. Please replenish as needed.
- You can use a futon dryer. Please ask the Manager's Office.
- The garden is available as a gathering place for guests.
Details on the types of rooms available in Kasugaoka House
A type : 25 units (32 sq. m.) (Capacity: 1)
Furnishings: semi-double bed (1.4m x 2.1m), kitchen counter, cupboard, toaster, microwave, TV
B type: 15 units (65 sq. m.) (Capacity: 2)
Furnishings: double bed (1.8m x 2.1m), kitchen counter, toaster, microwave oven, dishwasher/dryer, TV w/ stand, dining table w/ chairs, sofa, living room lights
C type: 4 units (97 sq. m.) (Capacity: 3)
Furnishings: double bed (1.8m x 2.1m), bed (1m x 2.1m), toaster, microwave oven, dishwasher/dryer, TV w/ stand, dining table w/ chairs, sofa, living room lights
All of the above units are furnished with: bedding, air conditioning, LAN port, outlet (with grounding terminal), refrigerator, rice cooker, vacuum cleaner, washing/drying machine, hair dryer, toaster, iron, ironing stand, electric kettle, desk stand, running hot water, tableware, basic kitchen utensils, desk, chair, mirror, laundry pole.
*Note: Furnishings may different between rooms.
Unit Rental Fees
1. Rental Fees
Utility charges (electricity, gas and water) and cleaning fee upon leaving are included in these rates.
In the event of occupancy for a portion of a month:
*Note that use of these facilities for less than one month will still incur a full month's rental fee.
*If the occupant and members of his/her family begin occupancy after the first day of a month or terminate occupancy before the last day of a month, they only have to pay the monthly rent calculated as a fraction of the number of days of occupancy in that month. (tax included)
Monthly rental fee
Weekly rental fees
*Note that use of these facilities for less than one week will still incur a full week's rental fee.
*If the occupant and members of his/her family continue occupancy after 7 nights, in addition to the initial weekly rental fee, a daily fee calculated as a fraction the number of additional nights will be charged. (tax included)
Weekly fee for 7 nights
Regarding the payment of rent:
- Pay monthly rent with a credit card by the last day of each month. If you leave before the end of the month, please pay by the day that you plan to leave. -> House Manager's Office, 1F Lobby, Kasugaoka House (Cards accepted: VISA, MasterCard, China UnionPay)
- Those without a credit card are asked to pay via transfer to a designated university account. (Transfer fees must also be paid at the guest's expense.) For more information, please ask the manager at the office.
- Those who want their fees to be covered by subsidies for operating expenses or grants-in-aid for research for Osaka University are requested to contact their host school or research institute.
- Under no circumstances are rental fees refunded.
- Staff at the Kasugaoka House are English-capable.
- You must be present in your room for inspections upon check out. Please note that in some cases, cleaning/repair fees may be assessed.
• Please make a reservation after the length of your stay has been decided so as to eliminate the need to cancel/change your reservation.
• If you do cancel your reservation after the day on which you entered (or were to enter), you will be charged a cancellation fee in accordance with the Kasugaoka House Cancellation Policy.
Period of stay
- Monthly - 1 month or more
- Weekly - 7 nights or more
- For researchers, the length of their education/research activity at the university
- For patients and family members at Osaka University Hospital or Osaka University Dental Hospital, the length of their treatment at either of the hospitals on campus.
- For medical staff (interns) at Osaka University Hospital, the length of their internship.
• Osaka Monorail
From Bampaku Kinen Koen Station: Take the train bound for Saito-nishi Station. Get off at Handai-byoin-mae Station . The Kasugaoka House is a 5-minute walk from the station.
• Kintetsu Bus
From Hankyu Ibaraki-shi Station or JR Ibaraki Station : Take the Route 24 bus bound for Handai-Hombu-Mae or Mihogaoka, or the Route 25 bus bound for Handai-Hombu-Mae. Get off at the Handai-Igakubu-Byoin-Mae bus stop. The Kasugaoka House is a 5-minute walk from the bus stop.
• Hankyu Bus
From Senri-Chuo: Take the Route 164/171 bus bound for Handai-Hombu-Mae, or the Route 103/105 bus bound for Ibaraki-Mihogaoka. Get off at the Handai-Igakubu-Byoin-Mae bus stop. The Kasugaoka House is a 5-minute walk from the bus stop.
From Kita-Senri: Take the Route 72 bus bound for Senri Chuo. Get off at the Handai-Igakubu-Byoin-Mae bus stop. The Kasugaoka House is a 5-minute walk from the bus stop.