- News & Topics
Applications are being accepted for the 18th Presidential Awards for Extracurricular Activities
The Presidential Awards for Extracurricular Activities were
established for the purpose of recognizing outstanding extracurricular
activities and in order to reinvigorate and improve student activities.
This year marks the 18th anniversary.
Applications for the 18th Presidential Awards for Extracurricular Activities are now being accepted according to the following guidelines:
To improve and further intensify extracurricular activities of Osaka University's students
(1) Commendations will be for outstanding achievement as well as special recognition.
(2) Achievement will be recognized by a certificate of merit as well as a sum of money or an article (or articles) equivalent to a sum of money.
A scene from 2016 Award Ceremony
3. Criteria for the awards
To be eligible for a prize, an activity in the period from April 2016 through the date the application is made must meet one of the following criteria:
(1) Outstanding performance such as a championship victory in a competition outside the university.
(2) Outstanding performance such as a championship victory in a competition involving multiple universities.
(3) A well-deserved reputation bringing honor to the university.
(4) A significant contribution to volunteer activities.
(5) Recognition for having done something equivalent to or more than conditions (1) ~ (4) noted above.
Groups and individuals belonging to Osaka University
5. How to apply
Fill out an Extracurricular Activities Report Form regarding the activity and its performance/achievement for the period from April 2016 through to the date the application is submitted and submit it to one of the Student Centers (Suita, Toyonaka or Minoh). If available, submit the application form with a document(s) verifying the achievement such as a competition pamphlet and/or a newspaper article. (Copies, up to 10 sheets of A4 paper, are acceptable.)
Applications may be made on behalf of a group or person as well as on behalf of one's self.The Extracurricular Activities Report form can be downloaded from KOAN or OU webpage, and is also available at Student Centers.
6. Application deadline
Friday, May 12, 2017
The Student Life Committee will deliberate in determining the winners of the awards.
8. Announcement of winners
Applicants will be informed by late June.
9. Additional information
These awards are conducted with the support of the Osaka University Future Funds. If you are the recipient of this award, please note that we may ask for your cooperation with Future Funds publications (such as submitting photos/reports of your work).
For more information, please contact:
Suita Student Center: 06-6879-7120
Toyonaka Student Center: 06-6850-5022
Minoh Student Center: 072-730-5082