Osaka University released the ver. 2.0 update of the MyHandai App on July 31, 2020, making the app available to the general public, including prospective
students and alumni!
The “In-App Open Campus” will be live on the app from August 5~22, 2021. [This content is no longer available.]
How to use the MyHandai App and its features
• Click the download button above to install or download the app on the App Store (iOS) or Google Play Store (Android).
• After starting up the app, a configurable menu bar will appear at the top of the screen. You can scroll horizontally through these tabs to check out the different features of the app.
To the general public
• When you launch the app for the first time, just tap the green button at the bottom of the screen, response to a simple survey, and you're ready to use the app. You will be logged in automatically for each subsequent use of the app.
Some of the features of the app include:
• Special content that will focus on the appeal of OU, such as the “ In-App Open Campus ."
• A "Map" tab featuring access information for the Toyonaka, Suita, and Minoh campuses
• More features and tabs will be added in the future!
To OU members
• When you launch the app for the first time, you can log in using your Osaka University personal ID and password. You will be logged in automatically for each subsequent use of the app.
• Time schedules and KOAN bulletin board messages are displayed on screen while using the app, making it easy to get information about lecture cancellations and supplementary lectures as well.
• New tabs will be automatically added according to the time of year and your affiliation, such as Course Registration FAQs, Extracurricular Activities, Matriculating Student Questionnaire (MAQ), and more...
• You can also enter the Osaka University Safety Confirmation System via this app during an emergency.
*Make sure to set a passcode lock screen on your smartphone to prepare in the event your device is lost or stolen.
• Push notification services tailored to the user
• Information services using your phone’s location information
• Multi-factor authentication for safe and convenient use
The MyHandai App will continue to improve and grow to make your life at OU that much more convenient and enjoyable. Your feedback is welcome!
•Office for Public Relations, Osaka University•
Public Relations Section, Public Relations Division, Department of Planning
E-mail: kouhou[at] office.osaka-u.ac.jp