Facts & Figures on the University
Under the motto "Live Locally, Grow Globally," Osaka University grapples with the challenges of education and research.
|President||HIRANO Toshio (Specialty: Immunology)|
|Administration Bureau||6 Departments, 22 Divisions and 12 Offices|
11 Schools with 10 Corresponding Graduate Schools:
Center for Education in Liberal Arts and Sciences
|Faculty and Staff||Number of academic staff 3,111, Number of non-academic staff 3,044, Total: 6,155
Number of part-time academic staff: 3,587
|Students||Undergraduates -- Students: 3,255* Total: 15,563
Graduates -- Master's course: 2,009*, Doctor's course: 942*
Law School: 80 Total: 7,999
International Students 1,985 (Undergraduate: 323, Graduate: 1,123, Research Students: 539)
*number of enrollees for current academic year
|Campuses||Suita Campus: 997,071.32 sq m (Administrative Bureau, Schools of Human Sciences, Medicine, Dentistry, Pharmaceutical Sciences, and Engineering, Joint-Use Facilities, …)
Toyonaka Campus: 445,851.08 sq m (University Library, Schools of Letters, Law, Economics, Science, Engineering Science, …)
Minoh Campus: 140,400.04 sq m (School of Foreign Studies, …)
Nakanoshima Campus: 1,000 sq m (Osaka University Nakanoshima Center)
|Revenue: 153.526 billion Yen
Expenditure: 153.526 billion Yen
• The figures above were most recently updated on May 1, 2013.
• The number of staff does not include those on child-care leave, leaves of absence, or overseas sabbaticals.
- Organization Regulations for National University Corporation Osaka University
- Trustees and Assistants to the President, Members of Administrative Council, ...
- Deans and Education and Research Council Members
- Joint-use Facilities Directors